Who are we?
Established in 2008, FuturePerth Inc is a group of planners, students, engineers, artists, business and everyday people. Our members love our city yet are equally passionate about what it can become.
FuturePerth provides a voice of progress ensuring that development in Perth is vibrant, integrated, sustainable and reflects the aspirations of its creative, urban and active citizens.
Membership is free and there are no application criteria. FuturePerth operates as a non-profit, non-partisan organisation.
To provide a voice of progressive thinking to ensure that development in Perth is liveable, vibrant, integrated, connected and of a high amenity.
- We Educate
- We Inspire
- We Collaborate
- We Showcase
- To promote the economic and social development of Western Australia and to lend support to similarly minded organisations where appropriate.
- To promote the Perth central area as the primary area in the State for entertainment, retail, office, residential and recreational purposes.
- To promote the densification and growth of suburban development nodes such as Mt Lawley, Scarborough, Cottesloe, South Perth, Victoria Park, Burswood, Maylands, Leederville and Subiaco.
- To promote the investment in and expansion of the public transportation system in Perth and Western Australia and the discouragement of policies which further motor vehicle dependence.
- To promote the diversification and growth of metropolitan regional centres and regional centres such as Joondalup, Armadale, Midland, Rockingham, Mandurah and Bunbury.
- To promote urban regeneration projects such as the Perth Waterfront Project, the Northbridge Link and Riverside.
- To provide a voice for pro-development, progressive, forward thinking people and to dispel unfounded arguments by anti-development groups or individuals.
- To generally support a reduction in the growth of urban sprawl and encourage the consolidation of development within the existing Perth urban area.